Lauri Tarkkonen Lauri Tarkkonen is offline

Default Windvanes

In hpeer writes:

Lauri Tarkkonen wrote:
In "Dennis Gibbons" writes:

How about a spirited, yet polite discussion of various wind vane systems
currently available?

Why cant you go trhough the old threads, as about everything is said
already about this topic.

For starters I suggest you read Peter Forthmans exellent book, that can
be loaded fee from the addres: http://www.windpilot.de/

Then you can come back.

- Lauri Tarkkonen

--
Dennis Gibbons
dkgibbons at optonline dot net

hydrovane.com also has some useful information with perhaps a different
point of view (aux rudder vs. servo pendulum)

I have a home made aux rudder with trim tab arrangement that works well
but that makes reversing difficult.

You just said it, why one should avoid Hydrovane. :-).

- Lauri Tarkkonen