posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Cruise Ship Runs Aground in Atlantic ICW - Obstruction Blocks Traffic

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 08:59:15 -0500, Lee Rayl
wrote:

Ok. But I must say that these wake issues is why I will boat in a Mac
26X/M or a Carolina Skiff.
12-16 inches draft.
Lead the big boys onto the shoals and oyster flats when they try to
wake me. Might get a Sea-Tow referral sideline set up to defray
gas costs.

--Vic

These wake issue are a could reason to re-think a Mac 26. Without
proper ballast, and especially with the board up you'll be bobbing and
rolling like a cork.

Sounds like you have one of these Mac 26's.
Thanks for the advice.

--Vic