posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising
Lee Rayl Lee Rayl is offline

Default Cruise Ship Runs Aground in Atlantic ICW - Obstruction BlocksTraffic

Vic Smith wrote:
On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 20:09:32 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 19:29:06 -0500, " JimH" ask wrote:

Yep, especially when you were slammed by one in a 20 footer. Bigger boat
does not relate to bigger dick Wayne, although it may compensate for it in
your case.
That seems uncalled for. What happened to "lead by example"?

Like politics, this discussion, although initially worthwhile, has run it's
course.

Eisboch

Ok. But I must say that these wake issues is why I will boat in a Mac
26X/M or a Carolina Skiff.
12-16 inches draft.
Lead the big boys onto the shoals and oyster flats when they try to
wake me. Might get a Sea-Tow referral sideline set up to defray
gas costs.

--Vic

These wake issue are a could reason to re-think a Mac 26. Without
proper ballast, and especially with the board up you'll be bobbing and
rolling like a cork.
Lee