posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising
HK HK is offline

Default Cruise Ship Runs Aground in Atlantic ICW - Obstruction BlocksTraffic

Reginald P. Smithers III wrote:
HK wrote:

Most of the sailboats I see out on Chesapeake Bay aren't motoring
along at any knots, they're under sail. And if I am following one up a
narrow river or inlet, I can get around it easily enough if I need to
without churning up a wake.

What speed is the sailboat going and what speed are you going when you
pass them? Even at 5 mph in a 21' ft. you will be leaving a wake.

Stop splitting hairs, Reggie. At really low speeds, my boat leaves a
practically flat wake that isn't going to cause any small boats nearby
any grief.