Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] is offline

Default Eco-Sailing

"Bob" wrote in message
ps.com...
On Nov 11, 4:25 pm, Molesworth wrote:
In article . com, Joe
wrote:

snip

A good friend tried and
tried to get me to set the business up as a church, removing all tax
burdens.

'The Church of the Exalted Bean'?

--
Molesworth

Praise Jah Jah Molesworth . Ya mon, and in 1971 when my Loto number
was 52 I got that letter: "you are herby order to report to the
Portland Induction Center for your Pre Induction physical.

W T F !

Quick.......... Send $15 bucks and become a Priest of the Universal Life
Church. Ya, that's the ticket....! I even had a card! My Selective
Service Draft Board laughed at the card and me.

Then 1982, Vance my dive supervisor at Ocean-Tec Diving Contractors
had a "church" in Morgan City La. Of course we took communion every
chance we were on the beach. Even had a band. They were called The
Penetrators. Vance ran into a little problem with the IRS. Even though
he had a church and a congregation of the willing the IRS just did not
buy it. But by then he owed thousands in back taxes, penalties, fines.
Praise Jah Jah !! Ya mon, we be jammin...give praise to Jah and pass the
ganja mon

These half baked attempts to skirt the law's intent are so painfully
obvious. You can not say on one hand: 1) im a coffee company doing
commerce and list phone and address in TX, then say on the other hand
2) Im just a tourist buying 10,000 pounds of coffee for personal use
and going to sail it back home cause it mine im exempt form
everything. But the best is to spread the whole scam on the web!?!

Loose lips sink ships.......................
bob

Like Greg Hall said. The man's about five inches short of a foot. When he
started with the "ecology" crap I knew right away he'd gone off the deep
end. Any fool knows profit comes first and ecology second in any successful
business venture.

I tried to tell him people hadn't done the sailing ship routine for
transporting commodities for a hundred or so years because there was no
profit in it but he wouldn't listen. I even told him if he had any chance at
all at a profit that it would require paying cargo BOTH WAYS but he still
didn't listen. I told him to set up shop in Belize and use Fed Ex or UPS to
ship coffee to individual customer but he was so set in his pie-in-the-sky
plan that he didn't even consider it. He's too inflexible.

So, he'll find out the hard way. "If you're stupid you gotta be tough." All
I can say is Joe must be one tough hombre by now.

Wilbur Hubbard