Bill Cole

Default OT- Power outage in NY. Coincidence?

Gould,
I did not read that the two terrorist who were arrested in Seattle claimed
to have caused the blackout. Coincidence? Probably, but maybe not.

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
I am wondering if it was the terrorist or the Seattle police who caused

the
blackout in the NE. Coincidence?

Talk about a power shortage.........

Your parody deviates from the original remark in an important aspect. The
original question was whether a terrorist could have caused the blackout,

with
an immediately stated conclusion that the arrest of two terrorists

atempting to
fly to NYC from Seattle the previous day was probably coincidental.

At the risk of pointing out the painfully obvious, you posed the question

with
an alternate of choice as suggested answers. Not the same thing. It is

only
marginally more reasonable to conclude that a terrorist caused the power
shortage than
to conclude it was caused by the Seattle Police. The Seattle Police have a

ZERO
percent involvement with the outage, so terrorists have a zero, plus a

couple,
percent probability of being the cause.

Unlike the terrorists, the Seattle Police have *not* claimed

responsibility for
the blackout.