Scotty Scotty is offline

Default Power boaters and their wakes

"Capt. JG" wrote in message

We've had a similar situation happen in the Marina Bay

channel, which is
quite narrow. It's really a two-lane channel, and very

unforgiving as far as
bottom goes on the right, returning side. (The other side

is the edge of a
building/pier.) Coming in one day, I had a PB pass on my

port, while another
sailboat was coming out. We were already on the edge of

the channel making
room for the on-coming SB. The other SB saw what was

happening and moved to
his right as far as possible, and fortunately, the PB got

by us, with a big,
but manageable wake. Then, not knowing what the f*ck he

was doing, went even
further to the right and ran aground in the mud. Sweet

justice. Then, a
couple of minutes later, another PB did the same thing. I

think the first PB
must called the second for help, since the pretty much

went there directly
after zooming past us and you could see he was on his cell

phone. More sweet
justice... they ran aground also. There was a Sea Tow boat

coming out from
the marina who saw the whole thing. As he went by us, I

could see he was
laughing.

Could you see the Capt and crew, were they all wearing their
''Eat My Wake'' t-shirts? They are very popular here on the
east coast.

SBV