Lenny Stover

Default Question about older Mercruiser inboard

Is this group moderated? Can't figure out why this never posted, so I'll
try it again.

"Lenny Stover" wrote in message news:...
1st time poster...forgive my ignorance :-/

Last year I bought my *first* inboard equiped boat, a 1985 Glass Stream.

It
is/was equiped with a '85 Mercruiser 140. Well, the second time out with
the boat, the motor fried. I have been trying for a year to arrange to

have
the motor rebuilt, but it would cost more than I paid for the boat. Now

my
question....

I have been told that my Mercruiser is identical to some car engine. I
don't know how true this is, but am wondering if anybody knows if there is

car engine that is the same as an '85 Mercruiser 140 inboard. Sure would

be
nice if there was a car engine that I could get from a boneyard that would
match up to my lower unit.

Any....and I mean *any* info I could get would be appreciated. The only
other boat I ever owned had an outboard engine and I am stumped about this
inboard stuff. Thanks in advance.