Lloyd Sumpter

Default First Aid Kit opinions wanted

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 07:19:01 +0000, Lloyd Sumpter wrote:

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 16:06:30 +0000, Gould 0738 wrote:

If you could have only 5 things in a first aid kit for the boat, what would
they be?

If you could have 10, what would you add?

(General first aid kit, not something specialized for a diabetic, heart
patient, hemophiliac, etc)

Interesting question!

First, I hate band-aids. I figure if the wound is small enough to be treated
with a bandaid, you can "suck it up" and let your body practice healing on its
own. Anyway, you can easily make one from a bit of TP and tape.

Second, some of the stuff mentioned I wouldn't consider "firstaid", but I have
on my boat: sunscreen, Tylonal/asprin, Gravol, sharp knife, etc.

Non-First Aid things that would help:

Forgot one: VHF Radio!

Lloyd Sumpter
"Far Cove" Catalina 36