posted to rec.boats.building
jim.isbell jim.isbell is offline

Default Perkins 4-108 Cooling System

On Nov 8, 4:21 am, Bruce in Bangkok wrote:
On Wed, 07 Nov 2007 22:48:39 -0800, Farny
wrote:

I have to drain and replace the antifreeze coolant in my Perkins 4-108
marine engine. My problem is I can't find the drain valve for the
antifreeze. Can anyone tell me where it is located on the engine? I
thought it was on the port side over the starter but I can't find it
there.
Thanks,
Farny

I have a 4-107 and believe that the drain is in the same place on the
4-108. Looking at the engine from the flywheel end the drain is
located on the right side just above the starter. On the 4-107 there
is a small sheet metal shield that sticks out just below the drain
supposidadly to keep the coolant off the starter.

Bruce-in-Bangkok
(Note:displayed e-mail
address is a spam trap)

My 4-108 has the drain on the starboard side under the fuel filter,
but the starter is on the port side. If you use starboard and port
there is not confusion....unless someone has an engine installed with
a "V" drive....