posted to rec.boats.building
Bruce in Bangkok Bruce in Bangkok is offline

Default Perkins 4-108 Cooling System

On Wed, 07 Nov 2007 22:48:39 -0800, Farny
wrote:

I have to drain and replace the antifreeze coolant in my Perkins 4-108
marine engine. My problem is I can't find the drain valve for the
antifreeze. Can anyone tell me where it is located on the engine? I
thought it was on the port side over the starter but I can't find it
there.
Thanks,
Farny

I have a 4-107 and believe that the drain is in the same place on the
4-108. Looking at the engine from the flywheel end the drain is
located on the right side just above the starter. On the 4-107 there
is a small sheet metal shield that sticks out just below the drain
supposidadly to keep the coolant off the starter.

Bruce-in-Bangkok
(Note:displayed e-mail
address is a spam trap)