-rick-

Default Don't trailer with motor tilted up. How about under way?

"Steve Alexanderson" wrote ...
Just got my new Yamaha T9.9 kicker. The manual says not to trailer it when
tilted up to prevent damage to the support. What about under way with my
main engine? I'll be hitting bigger bumps much harder with no where to put
the transom saver.

Funny you should mention that. I just replaced the bracket/stainless steel
pin assembly that supports my Honda 15 when tilted up. ~$40.00 It broke
after several years of running rough water. On the Honda there is a place
that a strong piece of hardwood could be inserted to take the strain off the
pins. There also are strong power tilt brackets like the Panther 35.

http://www.panthermarineproducts.com/panther/lifts.html

-rick-