Geoff Schultz Geoff Schultz is offline

Default ROTFS (aka Gulf Stream) Current GRIB Files

Wayne.B wrote in
:

On Wed, 07 Nov 2007 08:39:53 -0600, Geoff Schultz
wrote:

I've just noted that the latest beta version of SailMail (aka AirMail)
supports ROTFS GRIB files. These provide predictions for the Gulf
Stream and other currents showing the direction, rate and temperature
for up to 72 hours in advance.

I assume you already know about the GRIB files for wind speed,
direction and barometric pressure? I get a fresh update every day via
their subscription service and find it useful for planning.

Of course! When cruising I get daily GRIB files for my area. The ROTFS
support is new. I've never seen these files before.

-- Geoff
www.GeoffSchultz.org