Jere Lull Jere Lull is offline

Default Anchors

On 2007-11-06 07:13:18 -0500, "JimB" said:

Further up this thread you probably saw my post about Rocna's selective use
of performance criteria to show that 'their anchor is the best'.

Yeah, I noticed that as well.

FWIW, if they included the aluminum Spade in their "weight vs
performance" graph, Rocna would be a far distant second. I used an
aluminum 80 extensively before our current steel 80. My experience has
been that, other than situations where sheer weight is the determining
factor, the aluminum version performs just as well as the steel one,
and I inadvertently tested it in conditions far outside of it's
expected performance envelope over the years.

Until I see the Rocna tested in a wide variety of bottoms, as has been
the case in the anchors tested by Practical Sailor, it's on the "watch
and see" list. NO anchor has been best in all their tests, but a few
seem to always be in the running.

--
Jere Lull
Tanzer 28 #4 out of Tolchester, MD