posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising
[email protected] tsmwebb@gmail.com is offline

Default dead engines, kayaks, and powerboaters

On Nov 6, 11:56 am, "Roger Long" wrote:
"Robert Musgine" wrote

He should have run up the day shapes.

No, the boat was under 12 meters.

--
Roger Long

Well, I don't think that's right. If he was restricted in his ability
to maneuver then he has to put up his day shapes. Size doesn't enter
into it. Of course, I don't think he was RIBM as the rules have it.
The question of who had the right of way is hard in this case as human
powered boats aren't mentioned in COLREGS. The implication based on
their lights is that they have the rights of a sail boat, but I don't
know if that's been tested...

-- Tom.