posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising
Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default dead engines, kayaks, and powerboaters

"Leanne" wrote in message
"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message

"Capt. JG" wrote:

Sailing there, a big cabin cruiser came up on us from the starboard

stern...
must have been going 10+ kts, with a huge wake.

At first I thought he was going to cut us off to the point of us

having to
take evasive action, but he weaved around enough to clear our side

and bow.
The whole time we're waving and gesturing to slow down, since it was

going
to be close and the wake was going to be huge. He kept right on

going, and
as he got abeam, had the middle finger flying.

Am convinced that for the most part, to qualify to receive the keys to
a power vessel, you must certify you only have 2 brain cells, of which
at least one must be dead.

Qualifications to own a big SeaRay are a lobotomy.

Leanne

Heh... I don't get it I guess... do they really expect me to get out of the
way?

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com