Geoff Schultz Geoff Schultz is offline

Default Anchors

Bruce in Bangkok wrote in
:

On Mon, 05 Nov 2007 06:43:07 -0600, Brian Whatcott
wrote:

On Mon, 05 Nov 2007 15:43:23 +0700, Bruce in Bangkok
wrote:

.... for anyone looking for the Manson,
http://www.azuremarine.com/e1en/grou...on.asp#supreme

The Azure URL (above) notes:
"The Manson Supreme has been reviewed by Lloyds Register of Shipping
and has received a SHHP status. The first and only production boat
anchor in the world to do so."

Brian Whatcott Altus OK

Not to start an argument but where did you find that information?

Bruce-in-Bangkok

My note read like this, Bruce:
"The Azure URL (above) notes [ it ]"

Brian Whatcott Altus OK

Yes, I saw that and posted a follow-up message that doesn't seem to
have appeared, as follows:

I have been looking for that kind of data all over the Net. Even
e-mailed Lloyd's but no answer.

(hit return too quickly)

I did look at the URL, above, and in one place it states that the
anchor has received Lloyd's certificate but in another place it says
that the test is being conducted.

First statement
The Manson Supreme has been reviewed by Lloyds Register of Shipping
and has received a SHHP status. The first and only production boat
anchor in the world to do so.

Second statement
The anchor is currently being surveyed by Lloyds Register of Shipping
and will be certified as a Super High Holding Power Anchor, the first
production anchor in the world to receive this status & certification.

Thus my question.

Bruce-in-Bangkok

I find it interesting that I received an e-mail from Ned Wood, who works
for Manson Anchors, stating in part that:

"I have been watching the comments made about the Manson Supreme." and

"I would suggest not believing everything that the Rocna Salesman writes
online..." and

"Lastly, we never really want to get involved in the online mudslinging
that has become rife in these chat rooms...".

I certainly can appreciate the later comment, but it certainly would be
nice if they would answer some of the questions that people have. It
doesn't need to devolve into mud-slinging, but it would be nice to get
answers from someone who knows the product.

-- Geoff
www.GeoffSchultz.org