posted to rec.boats.building
Ron Magen Ron Magen is offline

Default What steering system?

'Froggie',

I'd be REAL interested if you find a 'rotary' system. IF it's the 'cable &
pulley' system I'm thinking of, it's very simple, but supposedly NOBODY
makes them anymore.

When I wanted to use 'this' on a 10ft 'Tug Boat', I couldn't find the 'spool
& wheel' and the cheapest 'modern system' was about $150 !! {MORE then all
the other materials, COMBINED}

Regards,
Ron Magen
Backyard Boatshop

"Froggie" wrote in message
news
It has a 7' beam and takes up to a 50 hp 4-cycle outboard. The hull

weight
is 315 lbs.

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Oct 30, 9:23 pm, "Froggie" wrote:
I'm building a SAG 17' skiff and was wondering which steering system
would
be better and why...a rack and pinion or rotary system.

Whatever fits best. What size engine are you putting on it, how wide
is it? Just curious.