HK HK is offline

Default Another quality boat manufacturer sells out.

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
Tim wrote:
On Nov 3, 8:36 pm, "William Bruce" wrote:
"HK" wrote in message

. ..

Just read that Albemarle was bought out by Brunswick. Another famous
line
goes in the crapper. Cabo was sold last year. Sad to see the
independents
disappearing, since they build the best boats.
When Brunswick bought Triton, they left the Triton management in place
and
production has continued as before the buyout. Some "independents" that
are
stapped for cash and without resources start cutting costs and turning
out
inferior products. Your statement is too much of a broad brush and
inaccurate.
Not related to boats, but sort of in the same context of the thread,
Ampeg, a guitar amplifier company, known for it's benchmark quality
was owned bySt. Louis Music company for several years, then was sold
to another firm. At the Lakland 10th aniversary bach,I talked to one
of the higher reps of Ampeg, and he told me that the new owners
guarenteed that the management would stay in place, and that the
products would still be built to the same rigid specs as before. Now
Ampeg has been sold again,a nd looks like it's going to be a different
game.

"Rumor" is that the Ampeg line will be shipped to Vietnam, and Lord
knows whats going to happen, because the new owners are wanting to
play the price/profit game.

pity

I saw a beautiful old Gretsch f-hole electric hanging in the window of a
music store today.

Irrelevant to this subject.

Yes, I've often noted how important relevancy is in rec.boats.