bowgus

Default help with towing capacity on chevy venture van

okokok ... went to the chevy site ... there is mention there of a
requirement for the touring suspension option (as well as oil/transmission
cooling etc). Since suspension may come into the picture, I suggest first
establish the weight you'll be towing. This will decide what you'll need to
do in the way of upgrades ... which may include a new vehicle ... which was
my only solution.

"bowgus" wrote in message
able.rogers.com...
Well you could do what I did to improve the towing capacity of my subaru

I sold it and bought a jeep cherokee ... almost doubling the capacity ...
:-)

"RLRUXER" wrote in message
i have a 2002 chevy venture van with the 3.4 liter engine. i do not

have
the
factory tow package b/c i did not think i would be towing anything,

however I
would like to get a small runabout. is there anything that i can do to

improve
the towing capacity of this vehicle. The manual says that without the

tow
package i can only tow 2000, but with a tow package i could tow 3500. i

was
wondering what exactly the tow package consisted of and what i could do

add
a "tow package" to my van.

thanks
Rob Ruxer