Jere Lull Jere Lull is offline

Default Fortress FX v. Rocna Anchor

On 2007-11-03 10:13:50 -0400, Wayne.B said:

On Sat, 03 Nov 2007 05:47:24 GMT, Jere Lull wrote:

Another problem is when they get set deeply in the Chesapeake mud. Any
time we got hit by solid wind, much less a squall, it could take a very
long time to get it out in the morning.

I know the feeling but it's actually a good problem to have.

I used to think so, or more properly I was worried that the Spade came
out too easily, but though both anchors have about the same area and
"dive" about the same depth (sometimes several feet into the mud), it
seems the Spade rotates around it's "tail" and presents a smaller area
as it's being pulled up. Though I haven't done side-by-side tests, I
believe the Spade's sharp point penetrates faster and easier, so it's
usually deeper than the Danforth would be.

--
Jere Lull
Tanzer 28 #4 out of Tolchester, MD