[email protected] craig@rocna.com is offline

Default Fortress FX v. Rocna Anchor

On Nov 2, 5:50 am, Bob wrote:
Hi All:

All the talk about theRocnaanchor started me reading and looking.
There are some very compelling data theRocnasets fast and holds
well. However, Ive noticed that all the tests Ive seen were all
similar sand type bottoms. Here is my question:

If anchoring in sand bottoms (hard, loose, sand/mud) why would I chose
theRocnainstead of an anchor design specifically for such
conditions; Fortress FX series. In other words, Fortress FX orRocna?
Which holds best in sand or mud bottoms?

Or is the Rocnca's appeal that it holds adequately in a variety of
bottoms? Say, the better crescent wrench (adjustable spanner for you
Limeys).

bob

Danforth types are not general purpose anchors and have no place as
the primary type on any larger boat. They hold well in one direction,
if well set, but suffer from a number of other problems.

Their advantages, particularly the Fortress, are in stowability and a
fairly high performance-to-weight ratio.