thudbranch thudbranch is offline

Default Fortress FX v. Rocna Anchor

On Nov 1, 9:50 am, Bob wrote:
Hi All:

All the talk about the Rocna anchor started me reading and looking.
There are some very compelling data the Rocna sets fast and holds
well. However, Ive noticed that all the tests Ive seen were all
similar sand type bottoms. Here is my question:

If anchoring in sand bottoms (hard, loose, sand/mud) why would I chose
the Rocna instead of an anchor design specifically for such
conditions; Fortress FX series. In other words, Fortress FX or Rocna?
Which holds best in sand or mud bottoms?

Or is the Rocnca's appeal that it holds adequately in a variety of
bottoms? Say, the better crescent wrench (adjustable spanner for you
Limeys).

bob

FYI-
While cruising about 10 years ago in mexico, I had a fellow cruiser /
scuba diver tell me he was always finding Fortress anchors on the
bottom with broken shanks -- that they held fine. However the shank
is brittle when pulled sideways or twisted and breaks. He would not
use one for that reason. He had no vested interest in any anchor
brand at all.

Greg