Bruce in Bangkok Bruce in Bangkok is offline

Default Anchors

On Fri, 02 Nov 2007 05:55:08 -0500, Geoff Schultz
wrote:

" wrote in news:1193955657.085230.177120
:

I'll point out that the Manson Supreme appears to be amlost identical to
the Rocna, yet is much less costly. I have no idea how there aren't
patent infringement lawsuits between the companies. Lloyds of London
was sufficiently impressed by the Manson Supreme to certify it as a
"high holding power"anchor. I have no personal experience with it, and
know no one who has one, so do what you want with this tidbit.

http://www.rocna.com/boat-anchors/ma...eme-anchor.php

That certainly was an eye-opening article. I guess that the old addage
applies: You get what you pay for. I was also quite surprised at the
differences in holding power and/or setting when comparing knock-offs to
the real-thing as shown in the YM article below:

http://www.rocna.com/press/press_0612_wm_ym_testing.pdf

-- Geoff
www.GeoffSchultz.org

Before you get too excited about the Lloyd's certificate do a google
on "lloyd's high holding power anchor". Manson is far from the only
anchor so certified. In fact, from a superficial reading of the
results of that search it appears that nearly all modern anchors are
so certified.

Bruce-in-Bangkok
(Note:displayed e-mail
address is a spam trap)