[email protected] craig@rocna.com is offline

Default Ping Bob - more on anchors

I don't dispute the cost nor the value. Just my hemorrhaging
pocketbook. If you'll ship me an equivalent to a Delta or CQR in the
60-75 (the ones on the bow, now) or so pound range for $500 (or, could
I buy it at West on my Port Card for that?), I'd mount it.

Try your Port Card, I can't speak for West sorry.

If you followed the thread where Bob was trying to eat my lunch, my
40k# boat with all that windage to boot, likely would need more than
the usually recommended anchors in a 45' hull. It's why I over sized
the Delta, and double over sized the CQR secondary. What would be the
recommended Rocna anchor?

Rocna 33. (73lb). Here's the complication: recommendations are very
conservative. That's intended to provide you with an anchor adequate
for use in all conditions. You can't compare to Lewmar guides etc.
I.e. 'forget the "go one size up" mantra, Rocna already did that for
you'. Calculations consider 50 knots wind in exposed surge and poor
holding, and anchors sized officially have seen their boats through
some pretty extreme weather, not least some mad nuts who didn't run
for port in the end-of-winter storm that came through New Zealand this
year. 80 knots... no problem...

So it's about value. The Rocna 25 or even 20 would out-perform either
of the two on your bow. The weight is not the defining property.