nick nick is offline

Default Rocna vs Buegel/Manson Anchors

Skip Gundlach wrote:
On Oct 30, 4:37 pm, Gordon wrote:
Researching anchors and keep popping up testimonials on how
absolutely great the new Rocnas are! Always set the first time, never
drag in any bottom, yada, yada.
Then I realized why! They size them twice the size of other anchors!
My boat calls for a 15 kg Bruce for 60 knot winds.
A 35# CQR. (16 kg) and
A whopping 33 kg for Rocna!

So does this mean the Rocna design is so lousy it takes twice the
weight to work properly?

Gordon

Sorry about a duplicate thread - this was where the reference to the
Rocna pdf was found.

Just a small commentary from when I was doing my research: The Rocna
has a hollow roll bar, to minimize weight above. The Beugel (can't do
the umlauts) has a solid one, at least based on my direct observation
of one in a rack. I have not seen a Manson, so can't comment,. but,
certainly, it would be simple to use rod stock vs major heavy tube, if
the claim has merit...

L8R

Skip

Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC
Follow us at http://groups.google.com/group/flyingpiglog and/or

(and)
"There is no such thing as a problem without a gift for you in its
hands. You seek problems because you need their gifts."
(Richard Bach, in The Reluctant Messiah)

The Supreme also has a hollow roll bar.

I'm very happy with mine. I bought it to replace my CQR that I never
really trusted to hold in blow on on a weedy bottom. I was going to
go for a Delta but chose the Manson based on a review. That same review
also had the Rocna in it but there were no dealers (don't think there
are any now)where I live. I must confess I haven't used it a lot but
have been happy with it every time I've dropped it. Far superior to the
CQR and that's what I was looking for.

Cheers,
Nick.