John Gaquin

Default New Toilet

"WaIIy" wrote in message

My Raritan PHE II seems to break every time I touch it. Since it's

from
1989, I'm thinking of replacing it.

....The first thing I did was
break the stem holding the dry/flush knob.

....I was reading
about your advice on the little vent thing, so I promptly twisted that
right off the pump housing.

..... I thought I might as well replace it.

Sounds to me like you're just being a little heavy-handed with the machine.
Get the parts, repair, and go easy. An '89 PHEII ought to last many more
years, but I'll agree with others that the motor assembly is useless.
Disconnect that and stay with the manual. When I bought the Queen, she had
installed a PHE from pre-1981 (I was told by a fellow at Raritan that that
was when they stopped making the PH and went to the PH-II). I disconnected
the motor drive, rebuilt the pump assembly, and have done so at two year
intervals. I also self-modified the flush valve from the 5-turn monster on
the PH to a 1/4 turn unit "sorta like" the one Raritan uses now. The unit
is now at least 23 years old and pumping along just fine, thank you!

Regards,

John Gaquin
Brefnie Queen
1974 Luhrs 32