[email protected] craig@rocna.com is offline

Default Anchors

The Rocna gives me a warm feeling.

However, the only video I have seen was done on a sandy beach using a motor
vehicle to pull.

I may have missed other tests related to all type of bottoms.

When we anchored, over here, we have to deal with high tides and all type of
bottoms. When the tide change theanchorhas to reset itself. Up to now,
the prudent sailor carries more than oneanchor. In my case I carry a 35
poundBruce, 18 pounds Fortress and a light Danford. I am now looking at
getting a Fisherman for rocky bottom and weed. I would prefer to carry a
Rocna instead of a Fishermananchorbut I do not know much about it
performance and reliably? I have sent an email to Rocna and I am awaiting a
reply.- Hide quoted text -

http://www.rocna.com/distributable/r...nd-testing.pdf

The Rocna will work just as well as any other anchor in rock and weed,
and works quite well in weed or grass over sand. There is a good
amount of positive feedback concerning its performance in those
conditions where other anchors will not set.

Carrying a Fishermans is not necessary in the modern world.