Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default mirror offshore

"Dave" wrote in message
On Thu, 1 Nov 2007 12:47:25 -0700, "Capt. JG"
said:

but
how are you going to start the engine if the boat is on the hard as in the
picture?

Two possible answers. First, starting the engine and running it briefly
with
no cooling water isn't going to let the engine get warm enough to damage
it.
Any decent surveyor surveying a boat on the hard will do that. Second, if
you need to run it longer get a bucket of cold water and stick the cooling
water intake in the bucket. I do it every year when changing the oil after
hauling.

Certainly true. I just don't know of a boat owner who would allow someone to
do it. There's always a risk of overheating/damage.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com