Red Red is offline

Default Doom and Gloom

I said some stuff, and Jon calmly replied:
This is just your rant and certainly your opinion, but you sure make it
sound like fact. It isn't.

Therein lies the problem... how specifically do you *know* it isn't
fact? Maybe you haven't been exposed to other information because like
politicians the press pretty much only carries the doom and gloom
message. Have you done any of your own research into what other
scientists are saying?

You replied further:
Look how you refer to him.. Bishop Al. This makes your whole argument
sound foolish.

This was my original point. I am referring to him that way to illustrate
how people believe so deeply and have so much invested in believing the
politics of their particular party that it has turned into the practice
of religion. And religions like the two political parties in this
country represent have their sanctimonius leaders and gods who are
worshipped similar to any religion. And those who are the true believers
are completely and totally unwilling to see or hear anything else that
may be even slightly different than what their particular
politico/religious leaders are spouting. To even suggest something
different brings cries of HERETIC! Unbeliever! Stone him!

I have no problem if you don't believe humans are causing GW. It's your
right to believe or not. I choose to believe that it's better to be
safe than sorry, and the way to be safe doesn't hurt the economy if
done properly.

Thank you for recognizing my right to believe differently than you. And
as I've said, I also believe that we as a nation and as individuals
should be doing things to help keep our water and air clean. What I do
not beleive is that some unsubstantiated "science" should be used by
politicians as a vehicle to usurp our rights or cost us our livelyhood -
especially since those same politicians are not doing it for altruistic
reasons, but are doing it to gain more control over us and steal our
hard earned money. And that is what is behind AG's bull****. By the way,
have you ever seen the government do something "properly" that hasn't
cost you in the long run? If they could, I'd be happy to let them as
long as they don't step on my rights. Fact is when you entice business
to do something about a problem and let them to make a profit doing it,
they usually come up with a far better solution than the government ever
could.

There are always going to be people hurt by new ways of doing things.
That's life.

-- "j" ganz @@

And that is always wrong when done on purpose, as is in this case. This
is all about politics, not about science. And if enough people stopped
accepting what their politicians say just because they say it, and start
thinking for themselves and evaluating all the available information on
any subject, we would be far far better off as a nation and as a people
and we would be able to force politicians to do what is good for the
country, not just what is good for their reelection...
Of course the downside to that would be that we might all start getting
along better as we would begin again to be able to start having respect
for each other and each other's opinions - since those would BE each
other's opinions, not the opinions of their politicians simply repeated.
I'm done.
Red