Rusty[_2_] Rusty[_2_] is offline

Default Propane and propane accessories

Actually, at least where I lived, the exchange sites charged about twice the
price you would pay if you took your tank across the street to the local gas
station to have it filled. The Shell station refill cost was about 7 dollars
while the exchange at the grocery store was 14 or 15 dollars. I guess they
want you to pay for the privelege of not waiting 3 or 4 minutes for the
refill.

Rusty

"Red" wrote in message
Tom,
Most regular propane refilling stations can refill your tank while you
wait. The tank exchange is convenient for them as they can fill many tanks
in one period. They usually offer propane in them slightly cheaper if you
don't take their time up for one refill and just exchange the tank. It
only works for regular commercially available tanks like the one on your
barbeque or camper or forklift, *not usually* the exotic specialty tanks
like fiberglass or aluminum - at least not around here.
Red