Glenn \(s/v Seawing\)[_39_] Glenn \(s/v Seawing\)[_39_] is offline

Default Anchors

"Geoff Schultz" wrote in message
.. .
"Glenn \(s/v Seawing\)" wrote in

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 05:56:15 -0500, Geoff Schultz
wrote:

I'm one of the new converts to the Rocna and I am amazed at how well it
works.

The Rocna looks to me like a Spade with a roll bar. Are there any
other significant differences?

I've been using Spades on 2 different boats over 7 years and have been
very happy with them.

So...this means I can weld a 'roll-bar' on my pair of old CQR's? :-)

Glenn.
s/v Seawing.

I see the smiley, so I know that this was in jest, but the shape of the
CQR
and the Rocna are completely different. You can see a photo of a CQR
he

http://www.geoffschultz.org/2002_Sai...a/P6200673.jpg

and the Rocna he

http://www.geoffschultz.org/2007
_Sailing/Photos/BlueJacket_Equipment/images/20070304_092900.JPG

As you can see, the Rocna is an inverted plow.

Regarding Wayne's question about the differences between a Spade and the
Rocna, I will simply point you to

http://www.rocna.com/press/press_0612_wm_ym_testing.pdf

as it does a much better job of describing the various differences between
anchors than I can.

-- Geoff
www.GeoffSchultz.org

Yes, I was chuckling as I wrote that.

On a more serious note, I am interested in the performance of this anchor.
I am planning to replace one of my CQR's this year. I was planning on a
larger Delta & a Fortress. The Rocna is interesting in place of the
Delta...though double the price...but if it's what people say it is, I'm not
worried about the price. Anchors are one of those things that it's hard to
get the straight goods on. Often I think that folks anchoring woes have
less to do with the anchor and more to do with scope, chain and their
methods.

Glenn.
s/v Seawing.