Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default Doom and Gloom

"Red" wrote in message
On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 10:09:56 -0700, "Capt. JG"
said:
I guess you never heard about the wild variations that are part and

parcel
of the global warming situation. Do you really think it's as simple

as 'this
year and all following years it's going to be hotter'?

Dave:
IIRC, until Martin Luther insisted the Bible should be translated into
German, the standard party line was that it was much too complex to be
understood by non-clergy.

Jonathan,
I know you'll probably dismiss this, but what I've been saying isn't a
personal attack. It is an attack on the new American habit of just
believing whatever some idiot says just because he holds some place in
society. Bishop Al says global warming is our fault. Reputable
scientists - the ones who don't operate on grants so don't have something
to gain from the discussion, say the science we have today is
inconclusive. They say it is inconclusive because we do not yet have the
science to be able to properly interpret the research. Bishop Al, on the
other hand, is making millions on this debate all the while telling us we
should be riding bicycles to work as he's flying all over creation in his
private jet burning more fossil fuel in a day than most of us will burn in
a lifetime.

Is there Global Warming? If there is, is it our fault? Hell, I don't know!
And what's more its a fact that you don't know either - you can't possibly
know if the science isn't up to the task of interpreting the research. But
that doesn't stop some politician from trying to gain even more control
over our lives and tax us to death just because he can in the name of junk
science. Just look closely at the politics *as well as* the real lowdown
on stem cell research to see how much your politicians lie to you all the
time.

Back in 1974 I had the distinct priviledge of working for NOAA on a
research project (G.A.T.E.) looking at the world's weather systems. The
scientists aboard were among the tops in their fields. At that time
several told me that we were heading into a global freeze - another ice
age, all due to pollution. All of these guys were operating on grants.

Just a short while ago there was a news announcement from several
prominant vulcanologists that the earth's atmosphere was finally coming
off the several year *cooling period* due to the last of the sulfer
dioxide from the eruption of Mt. Pinatubo leaving the atmosphere. So
who're ya gonna believe? Bishop Al who doesn't even know what he wrote in
his book, or leading vulcanologists?

Am I against stopping pollution? Hell NO! I definately want to see the end
of the polluting of our air and water. But not because I believe assholes
like Bishop Al and his legion of anti freedom crusaders, but because I'd
like to live in a clean world and leave it clean for our decendants. What
I'd really like, and this aint never gonna happen, is for people to begin
to think for themselves instead of just taking the word of scumbag leeches
like Bishop Al and then repeating his verbal vomit over and over as if its
true. Look at all the *actual* data - on any subject, and then think for
yourself. Of course the danger in doing this is that your politicians
certainly won't look so good anymore...
See if your politician isn't a liar - ha!
Rant off.
Red

I appreciate that you're not attacking me personally. However, what you're
claiming is that the vast majority of scientists who are knowledgeable in
this area are wrong, along of course with the Nobel committee. Sure, AG
isn't a scientist, but despite some minor errors in his rant, he's over all
quite on target. 1974 was a long time ago. There's been a lot more
information since then. But, it's nice to know that you think pollution is a
bad thing. If that's the case, why take a chance? Complaining that someone
is making money from the GW crisis (right or wrong) is certainly the
capitalistic system. It sure is better than making money off of the dead
bodies we're so quick to dismiss in places like Iraq, Darfur, etc., etc., al
la Haliburton and Cheney's other good buddies. Rant off.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com