Walter McCommons Walter McCommons is offline

Default Ferry cross the Mersey

I've been on this crossing a number of times; my sister lives on the
Clinton, WA side of the trip. The sea has always been nearly flat
calm when I've been aboard, and I have only been parked on the
lower-center vehicle deck once; normally for busses, trucks, and
trailers.

An "interesting" thought is that every time I've ridden the
Washington State Ferry System, motorcycles have always been loaded
farthest forward on that deck. My relatives - who live on Whidbey
Island and in Mukilteo tell me that in unkind weather, the cycle
riders are asked to stay with their bikes so they don't fall off their
stands. Imagine getting a few minutes of that "gentle salt breeze"
right in the face!

Cheers, Walter

On 30 Oct 2007 17:50:40 GMT, Jeronimus wrote:

"Bouler" wrote in
:

"Ducky" schreef in bericht
Don't know who took these, they have just arrived in my inbox many
times Fwd. Thought I would upload to share with others.

I'm glad I'm not onboard, history learns that I would be seasick.
I never had that with normal sailboats.
BTW, nice shots.

Well apart from the effect's on my personal well being, I wonder what it
does to the wellbeing of the cars parked on deck. It looks to me the ticket
includes a rather intense car-wash for free. You wouldn't want to
discover you've forgotten to close the windows after a ride like this.

Regards,

Jeroen