rock_doctor

Default The Andrea Gail had a gasoline engine

This was an interesting thread. I though the Andrea Gail, like her sister
ship, the Lady Grace were both powered by a single 12v71 detroit diesel.
This makes sense to me as the picture I did find of Lady Grace's engine room
showed a green engine block (although I would swear looks like a 6-71 not a
12v71 as stated).. I had a friend in high school whose father was a
shrimper and had a 72ft "boat" made around the same time at the same yard.
It also had a single 12v-71 so I think this was the engine of choice at that
yard. But I found a site that had pictures of the Andrea Gail taken by an
insurance inspector in 1990 showing a nice image of the main engine, which
was a Caterpillar. I guess she had been repowered at some point. All links
are listed below.

about the Lady Grace: http://perfectstorm.warnerbros.com/cmp/dispatch1.html

images of the Lady Grace:
http://www.andreagail.com/The_Andrea...drea_gail.html