RW Salnick RW Salnick is offline

Default October 30 - Aground again, Naturally (a riff on a 60's song)...

Amen. One of the symptoms of an overloaded belt is it turning over in
the sheaves.

bob
s/v Eolian
Seattle

Dennis Gibbons brought forth on stone tablets:
Skip,
a couple of observations:
repeated belt failure is unlikely cause by chance. Sounds like you are over
stressing the unit. If you have( as I suspect) a high output alternator and
a smart regulator), you have options
1. most smart regulators have a belt load adjustment. Adjust it
2. You may require a dual belt system to carry the load.
My point is that you have had this problem continually and want to solve it
once and for all before you go far afield

regards,
Dennis Gibbons
S/V Dark Lady
CN35-207