[email protected] erps@verizon.net is offline

Default Anchors

On Oct 30, 7:04 pm, Stephen Trapani wrote:
Gordon wrote:
Researching anchors and keep popping up testimonials on how absolutely
great the new Rocnas are! Always set the first time, never drag in any
bottom, yada, yada.
Then I realized why! They size them twice the size of other anchors!
My boat calls for a 15 kg Bruce for 60 knot winds.
A 35# CQR. (16 kg) and
A whopping 33 kg for Rocna!

So does this mean the Rocna design is so lousy it takes twice the
weight to work properly?

I guess by this logic, the Delta is the best anchor, since it is one of
the lightest with it's recommendations.

Stephen

I think each manufacturer uses different parameters for their
recommendation. I noticed too that Rocna recommended a larger size
anchor compared to other manufactures. They address this on their
website, that the other recommendations are overly optimistic. I've
anchored with Navy's, Danforths, Bruces, CQRs and a Rocna copy (Manson
Supreme) Just this weekend, we went to retrieve our Manson Supreme
and we had a difficult time breaking it out. I was sure that we
snagged something gawd awful, but when we finally got it up, it had
about 60 lbs of mud on it. I'm a believer in the Rocna design but I
also keep a big danforth on board for really soft mud/sand.