Shen44

Default The Andrea Gail had a gasoline engine

Subject: The Andrea Gail had a gasoline engine
From: (JAXAshby)
Date: 07/09/2004 19:30 Pacific Standard Time
shen? do you want every last person on this ng to absolutely, positively,
without question **know** you are really, really, really dumb?

If not, why in hell did you write thusly:

ROFLMAO Oh please Oh Most Knowing .... Please tell me how the winches,
refigeration systems (if used) are driven.

You've never been within 200 feet of one of these boats,but typically consider
yourself an expert .... please feel free to teach us all.... be my guest....
doubt one valid piece of information will come of this.

ROFLMAO

Shen

There's been plenty published about the Andrea Gail. Ships of that size,
design, type, and vintage don't have gasoline engines for main
propulsion or for generating main power. Period. But the ship might have
had some sort of aux. gasoline powered equipment, such as a winch. More
than likely, it simply was a mistake in the first draft and corrected

later.

Not gonna find gasoline powered equipment, other than an outboard.
Winches will be hydraulic or electric, driven from the main or generator.