Randy Ross

Default Merc 470 voltage

My 1982 Searay with a Merc 470 has been getting fluctuations in the volt
meter on the helm. Below 1200 RPM it shows to be slightly discharging. But
when I get higher RPM than that it overcharges. I haven't overhaeted the
engine or anything to ruin the voltage regulator and have had no battery or
other electrical problems since it started. Voltage regulator or something
else? And is there any real problem with it overcharging for short period of
time? I turn everything on electrical I can when this happens.