Martin Baxter Martin Baxter is offline

Default Low Oil Pressure at Idle, Volvo AD31B in the Tropics

Bruce in Bangkok wrote:

I have no experience with your engine but usually there is a single
pressure relief valve located at the pump outlet, but if you have two,
and they are accessible I'd put a washer behind the spring on both and
see what happens.

He says his motor develops something like 50PSI at higher rpms, so it
doesn't sound like the pressure relief valve(s). Maybe the pump is
worn, perhaps the main bearings are going, perhaps the ambient
temperatures are higher than he's used to and that's thinning the oil
some,,, maybe a bit of all of the above?

If the pressure is in the ballpark and oil
consumption does not go up then I'd leave it alone - at least for now.

Fair enough.

Cheers
Marty
Do your users want the best web-email gateway? Don't let your
customers drift off to free webmail services install your own
web gateway!
-- See http://netwinsite.com/sponsor/sponsor_webmail.htm ----