Bruce in Bangkok Bruce in Bangkok is offline

Default Low Oil Pressure at Idle, Volvo AD31B in the Tropics

On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 12:22:02 -0600, Brian Whatcott
wrote:

On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 20:07:55 +0700, Bruce in Bangkok
wrote:

...why a mix of synthetic and multigrade?

Bruce-in-Bangkok

So, in view of the cost difference, and knowing they are
designed to be completely miscible, I used the 1:4 cut.

-
-
So - why not 100% synthetic? Cost?

Bruce-in-Bangkok

Yep, I'm basically cheap. And the crap suspension issue
with mineral oil gives me some comfort.

Brian W

Do you mean that synthetic does not hold the gunk in suspension as
well as mineral oil? Probably not the oil for my old diesel pickup
then.

Bruce-in-Bangkok
(Note:displayed e-mail
address is a spam trap)