Gould 0738

Default OT the Coward-in-Chief

The war is unwinnable. As in Vietnam, we are the invaders, invaders of
a country that presented no threat to us. As with Vietnam, we lied to
the world as to our motives. We said we wanted to destroy Saddam's
weapons of mass destruction (done) and get rid of Saddam (done).

So why are will still there?

Saddam lives.
WMD cannot be disproven, only the story that we knew all along where they were
hidden and were arbitrarily keeping the info from the UN inspectors to see if
they were willing to do a thorough search for them. WMD seem increasingly
unlikely, as most of these things have no more than a 3-year effective shelf
life and that last time we know for (an undiputed fact) that SH put any
together was in 1998. *If* there are WMD in Iraq, it would be a good idea to
find them.

Ask George B. and the New American Century cabinet why we're still in Iraq, and
the answer will be that we are going to help the Iraqi people establish a
democracy. Ask most Iraqi people to define a democracy, and it's not an
absolute certainty that the majority would even know what the concept
represents- let alone think that it is the most desirable option.

It's impossible to impose a democracy. Unless democracy is a free choice, it
isn't a democracy from the very first minute of the new regime.

Respecting the right of people to freely choose a form of government should be
a supreme American value- even if they choose something dissimilar to what we
prefer and that has worked well for all these years in the US.