Doug Meredith

Default malibu response question

"Mark Kovalcson" wrote in message
From what little I know about this I regard it as a design problem,
but I think that way (-: i.e. if it can't be produced simply and

consistently
then it wasn't designed for manufacturability (horrid word, but

production
engineers use it a lot).

Blind gluing without the ability to inspect guarantees problems like

this.

In my mind this is a poor design and the fact Malibu has decided to

adopt a
procedure that is known to have problems and hasn't been able to

correct it
in over 7 years of production is a bad choice. But they are building

to a
lower price point and many people prefer to enjoy the savings inherent

in
the processes that Malibu uses. Most boats won't have this problem.

Malibu only has this problem because they insist on using this stupid
hydro box. they have no other problems with construction. The hydro
box IMHO is a dumb thing, and as M has to know its a problem, I have no
idea why they haven't changed it. It seems that once the dealer fixes
it, it stays fixed, so I'd think the factory could do at least as good
a job. Using this hydo box has nothing to do with what price point they
are building to.