Brian Whatcott Brian Whatcott is offline

Default Ping Peggie

On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 01:23:38 GMT, Peggie Hall
wrote:

Did I read that correctly...urine will destroy an aluminum holding

tank?

Yep. It'll destroy ANY metal holding tank, even 316 stainless.

That's why "tank resin" exists.

Metal tank mfrs have have been coating holding tanks with all kinds of
things...epoxy, resin... To date there has been nothing that will
extend the life of a metal holding more than a year or two...if that long.

I have a thought. It's off the top, but it's worth testing.
Any acidic solution tends to eat metal. Water doesn't even
need to be acidic to promote pin hole corrosion in some
aluminum alloys. Oxygen depleted water is hell on stainless.

But alkaline solutions, in general, don't eat metal so well, or at
all. I have this hunch that waste water rendered slightly high pH
of neutral would help a tank to survive.
Do you have any stories on this topic?

Brian Whatcott Altus OK