posted to rec.boats.building
salmobytes salmobytes is offline

Default Marine Plywood?

..........and even then I was talking about hulls
made with plywood that is skinned on *both* sides
with fiberglass. Hull that have fiberglass on the outside
and a paint or oil finish inside can more easily dry out.

I've seen driftboats--with 'encapsulated' epoxy fiberglass bottoms--so
saturated with water their weight was almost double. If you do
build that way you have to keep up with the repairs, adn patch
dinged fiberglass almost right away (not all that hard to do,
but you must do it).

Or you can build with honeycomb core. It's bullet proof and fool
proof,
almost. You can pre-fiberglass honeycomb core while it's still
flat, on top of visqueen covered saw horses, and then treat it
like plywood.