Eisboch Eisboch is offline

Default Turbo Diesel Outboards

"Josh Assing" wrote in message

I would wait to see how they do in the long run -- deisels do great at
lower
speeds, crappy at full throttle for longevity....

Not exactly true with more modern engines. The manufacturer of my diesels
(Volvo) recommends running them at 200 RPM below WOT RPM, which in my case
is 2800 RPM and they are not the most modern engines around. It is also
recommended that they be run for 10 -15 minutes at full throttle following
several hours of slow speed operation.

What remains true is that diesels perform best at a fixed RPM, although they
are doing better. Another vote for diesel/electric systems.

These ain't your grandfather's diesels.

Eisboch