posted to rec.boats.electronics
Bruce in Alaska[_2_] Bruce  in Alaska[_2_] is offline

Default 32v System Wiring a new12 Volt System

In article ,
"Lynn Coffelt" wrote:

Bruce, you've pretty much nailed how our fleet handled it. However
there were always some clever mechanics hired from local saloons (I'll
mention no names) that used a far simpler method. Just put the new 12V 8D on
the pilot house floor (it made a dandy foot rest) and charge it via a series
light bulb off the 32V buss on the aft pilot house bulkhead. If you used a
porcelain ceiling type light bulb socket, you could just screw the bulb in a
little to charge, and then screw it out a little when it was charged enough!
You could easily tell when the 8D battery needed charging, as the
radios were awfully quiet for a couple of hours or more. Likewise one could
tell when to stop charging by the amount of steam coming out of the 8D's
cell caps.

Old Chief Lynn (Whatcom, Nordic and Anacortes Marine Electronics)

Yea, i had forgotten about those.......

Bruce in alaska
--
add path before @