Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default October 26 - What A Drag!

On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 13:32:35 -0000, Skip Gundlach
wrote:

Winds are forecast for 15knots east all day for our run to
Solomons, where we expect to anchor in Back Creek. We'll be there
for several days as we pick up various shipments sent to us, and
try to enjoy the area with a little less drama than here!

Be advised that the holding in Solomons is marginal also. It is one
of the few places where our 120 pound Spade has not gotten a firm bite
on the first try. The bottom is soft, silty mud with shells mixed
in, not a good combination. Probably the best anchor for conditions
like that is something with lots of fluke area, perhaps a large,
oversized Fortress. Since they can be dissassembled, it is not that
difficult to carry around a big one for "special" conditions.
Something like their FX-85 would give you a great deal of holding
power and only weighs 21 pounds.

http://www.fortressanchors.com/fortr...hor_guide.html

http://www.fortressanchors.com/safe_anchoring.html