Alec Alec is offline

Default Low Oil Pressure at Idle, Volvo AD31B in the Tropics

I do not know if you have the manual with you but the manual online at
volvo, states engine hot idle pressure 21 psi and full power hot 60 psi. It
does not say max or min so I assume this is typical.

Oil grade CD 15/40.

Alec

"hookipa" wrote in message
ups.com...
I recently moved my boat from New Zealand (cold water) to Tonga (very
warm water) and I am now experiencing very low oil pressure at
operating temperature at idle. The engine is a Volvo Penta AD31B and
I am not sure of the hours on the engine. As the engine has seperate
circuits for the oil warning light and the gauge, I believe that the
problem is not the gauge/sender. At operating speed i get about 50
psi, but at idle it sometimes turns on the warning light. Any
thoughts or checks before I pull the boat and remove the engine to
check the main bearings and oil pump?