Keith Hughes Keith Hughes is offline

Default My Rant - you don't need air conditioners on boats

Marc Auslander wrote:
You don't seem to understand the problem.

You see, in the evening they can't think of anything to do but watch
TV. So they turn on the generator. It's noisy, so they button
everything up. Now there's no breeze, and its hot, so they turn on
the AC.

Can you really blame them?

We have an air conditioner for our boat. In 15 years in San Diego,
never used or needed it. When the boat was in Lake Pleasant, outside of
Phoenix, with temps of 115°F+ (that's *outside* temp) and 50% humidity,
absolutely. Spend a summer there without AC - you'll be whining like a
toddler with a skinned knee...

Keith Hughes